[vbox-dev] Clipboard "receiver" program stuck when sometimes

Michael Thayer michael.thayer at oracle.com
Fri Jan 24 08:24:25 GMT 2014

Hello Aaron,

On 24/01/14 06:21, Aaron Lewis wrote:
> Sometimes when I copy a text out of a Windows XP guest machine, to an
> application running on the host, the host program that receives the
> clipboard stuck.
>
> And after a while, it receives nothing. That happens to more than one
> application.
>
> It's obviously a problem with VirtualBox, how should I debug it?

You didn't mention what host operating system you are using, which is
relevant as we use different clipboard code for each.  Are you sure
though that it is not the clipboard code in the guest which is blocking?
  You can test this by terminating and restarting (e.g. pressing Win+R
and entering "VBoxTray") the process "VBoxTray" in the guest system.

Regards,

Michael
--
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG   Michael Thayer
Werkstrasse 24                     VirtualBox engineering
71384 Weinstadt, Germany           mailto:michael.thayer at oracle.com

Geschäftsführer: Jürgen Kunz

Geschäftsführer: Alexander van der Ven, Astrid Kepper, Val Maher