[vbox-dev] No more supports DrvStoregeFilter Sample ?

Woof he1.woof at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 05:44:30 GMT 2014

Hm..

I fixed crash, it was in below interface.

these code could not get pfnDiscard and pfnStartDiscard members.
pThis->pIMediaBelow      = PDMIBASE_QUERY_INTERFACE(pIBaseBelow,
PDMIMEDIA);
pThis->pIMediaAsyncBelow = PDMIBASE_QUERY_INTERFACE(pIBaseBelow,
PDMIMEDIAASYNC);

Actually, below is DrvVD. it has allocated drvvdDiskcard(),
drvvdStartDiscard(). but members are NULL.

so.. I tried to assign these functions using debugger, it does not make
crash but does not work.

finally, i modified when it call below driver interface member, if the
interface member is null, just return success(0). it seems like no problem.

*If this sample is still valid, should be fixed these point.*
** it needs pfnGetSectorsize member in iMedia*
** Checks below interface functions pointer*

thanks~

ps.. I do not know when that members are ignored.. ;(