[vbox-dev] Windows hardening in 4.3.15

Klaus Espenlaub klaus.espenlaub at oracle.com
Mon Aug 4 07:58:58 GMT 2014

José

On 30.07.2014 15:01, José Massada wrote:
> Hi Klaus,
>
> Thanks for the quick reply.
>
> I tried loading a test-signed PDM module for development (obviously with
> test-signing enabled in the machine) but it fails with a "no trusted
> paths" error. I'm guessing that even on development or test machines you
> require the module to be cross-signed with the Microsoft cert?

Should work, will ask the dev if any other steps are required.

> I'm also guessing you don't debug custom PDM modules with release
> versions of VirtualBox. Is there any way I can do this without having to
> sign debug binaries?

We don't have any custom PDM modules in the strict sense, because that's
what "custom" implies. We are definitely testing with external PDM
modules (in particular the USB 2.0 support which is part of the
extension pack), but those are all "properly signed".

Klaus