[vbox-dev] Build vboxguest.ko for android-x86 guest

DRACULAX DRACULAX at vszone.cn
Fri Aug 1 01:23:26 GMT 2014

Hi Frank &Klaus,
I just done this. Android is based on Linux so I get the kernel source of my
running android-x86,
and put the vbox guest source into as a external module. Building is ok and
I try the sharefolder&control with
the output vboxguest.ko/vboxsf.ko, it work fine!
I think your team should put the Android system into supported guest system
list.
Now I am trying the other hgcm feature, any progress will be shared to this
mail group,
thanks

 best regards,

DRACULAX

Hi DRACULAX,

On Thursday 31 July 2014 00:46:44 DRACULAX wrote:
> Hi, I am running android-x86 as a guest with virtualbox,
>
> now I want to use some hgcm feature which provided by vboxguest driver.
>
> Can I build the vboxguest.ko for this android-x86 guest? And how?

there is no support for compiling the VirtualBox guest kernel modules in
Android, we never tried this. Actually I don't know if it's possible to
compile kernel modules in Android at all, you would need admin permissions
and as far as I know that might be complicated with Android.

Apart from this Android is related to Linux so the code might work but I
assume that adaptions are required. As I said, we never tried this so I
cannot really help here, sorry.

Kind regards,

Frank
--
Dr.-Ing. Frank Mehnert | Software Development Director, VirtualBox ORACLE
Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Werkstr. 24 | 71384 Weinstadt, Germany

Geschäftsführer: Jürgen Kunz

Hertogswetering 163/167, 3543 AS Utrecht, Niederlande Handelsregister der
Handelskammer Midden-Niederlande, Nr. 30143697
Geschäftsführer: Alexander van der Ven, Astrid Kepper, Val Maher