[vbox-dev] Create a new virtual PCI device?

Jim Paradis jim at cognitive-electronics.com
Wed Sep 25 19:39:31 GMT 2013

My company is in the process of developing a new type of PCI Express device.  I would like to be able to create a simulated version of this device and "plug it in" to a VirtualBox.  I know there's a facility called PDM that supports such a thing, but I'm having a devil of a time figuring it out.  Is there any decent documentation that steps one through creating a virtual PCI device?  What I've seen so far (e.g. the comments in PDM.cpp) is rather spotty… am I missing something?

Thanks!

Jim Paradis