[vbox-dev] Is is possible to use 32bit COM objects in win7 x64?

Klaus Espenlaub klaus.espenlaub at oracle.com
Fri Sep 6 10:17:24 GMT 2013

Hi,

On 13.03.2013 15:26, Alexey Eromenko wrote:
> I have stumbled upon this problem in my project, GNS3 network
> simulator, and we had to create 2 versions in the end: 64-bit and
> 32-bit.

It took us a long time to get all pieces of this puzzle together.  (it's
not very well documented what one has to do "manually", what happens
with the automatic COM service/dll registration, and what DLLs have to
be provided in which bitness in the first place).

The first build which should have fully working COM API from a 32 bit
process should be 4.3.0_BETA2, due out soon.