[vbox-dev] vbox disables Windows 8.1 miracast menu

Huihong Luo huisinro at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 22 18:26:20 GMT 2013

Alexy,

Thanks.

Your guess is correct. If I disable those network drivers, then wireless display behaves as normal. so, it is the network drivers causing the issue.

I noted windows 8.1 has a wifi direct virtual network adapter, perhaps, vbox shouldn't bridge that adapter?

Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection* 12:

   Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
   Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : C8-F7-33-DD-F6-86
   DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
   Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes