[vbox-dev] [EXPERIMENTAL] VBox-Unattended Release 0.7.1 - Automated guest OS install

Pau Garcia i Quiles pgquiles at elpauer.org
Fri Oct 18 19:10:54 GMT 2013

Alexey,

This is great work indeed

I do not work for Oracle but I'm sure they will agree with this:

   - Please do not increment version numbers. What you call "4.1.29" should
   be called "4.1.28+alexey" or "4.1.28+unattended", or something like that.
   Otherwise, it creates confusion.

   - Why would porting to Windows be difficult? I have skimmed over the
   code and noticed nothing really difficult to port (or maybe I missed it)

   - I noticed some wrong changes in the documentation (probably due to
   moving your patch forward VBox versions without re-reading the whole patch,
   easy to fix)

   - Are you publishing your code in a git/svn repository somewhere? If you
   use git to mirror the VirtualBox svn repository (use git-svn) and create a
   branch for your work, then synchronizing and providing patches (and getting
   more people to eventually help with VBox Unattended) would be much easier

Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org