[vbox-dev] Why Qt SIGNAL-SIGNAL command?

Sergey Dubov Sergey.Dubov at oracle.com
Wed Oct 16 11:56:19 GMT 2013

Alexey Eromenko <al4321 at gmail.com> писал(а) в своём письме Wed, 16 Oct
2013 14:30:27 +0400:

> In your new VM wizard.
>
> UINameAndSystemEditor.cpp, line 110:
>     connect(m_pNameEditor, SIGNAL(textChanged(const QString &)), this,
> SIGNAL(sigNameChanged(const QString &)));
>
> Also I cannot find the implementation of sigNameChanged() anywhere.
>
> What does it mean and why is this needed ?

Its usual practice among Qt developers to hide (encapsulate) signals
emitted by contained child-widgets.
You can find definition of the sigNameChanged in corresponding header
UINameAndSystemEditor.h (signals section).
That way sigNameChanged is a part of UINameAndSystemEditor API accessible
by wizard through signal/slot mechanism but name-editor itself is
encapsulated as internal member of UINameAndSystemEditor and not
accessible by wizard.

--
With Best Regards,
[Oracle/VirtualBox] Sergey Dubov