[vbox-dev] Problem with Guest Additions 4.3 in Windows guest

Magnus Madsen madsen.magnus at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 08:11:30 GMT 2013

Hi!
Great thanks for the new 4.3 version being released.

There looks to be a problem with guestcontrol though.
VMs using an older version of the Guest Additions work like normally in my
application, but if I upgrade the additions to 4.3, the GuestSession is
always in the GuestSessionStatus_Error state and I am unable to execute
anything towards the Guest Additions.

Is there a change in how the API should be used with the new version of
Guest Additions, or is this an error?