[vbox-dev] host ip address showing as host-only

Perry Halbert phalbert at cox.net
Sat Nov 23 00:40:48 GMT 2013

Strange network behavior lately.

Within the last few days to week perhaps. The IP address for vboxnet0
(host-only) is showing as my host IP address in info panel.

So instead of (example) 192.168.0.10 it shows as 192.168.56.1
I can delete the host-only and the right IP show, but as soon as I
create it again and boot a guest that uses vboxnet0 it changes in
infopanel to 192.168.56.1 again.

There have been no updates to the host network and none to infopanel
that I know of or can find, so is there something that has changed in
the VBox SVN code that is making the H-O address show as the main IP on
the host?

This is more than an annoyance to me because I am always changing the
hosts IP during various tasks I do and I use infopanel to remind me
where I am easily.

Host Ubuntu 12.04.3_64  svn r49625