[vbox-dev] VirtualBox 4.3.0: yasm cannot reference symbol `X86TSS64_size' in preprocessor

Frank Mehnert frank.mehnert at oracle.com
Wed Nov 20 10:31:39 GMT 2013

Hi Ritesh,

On Wednesday 20 November 2013 05:30:44 Ritesh Raj Sarraf wrote:
> On Wednesday 20 November 2013 12:42 AM, Klaus Espenlaub wrote:
> > Hi Ritesh,

> > Since the debian folks would've reported this if it's happening to them
> > it still must be something specific to your setup.
>
> Well. I'm trying to help the Debian Maintainer. Felix (The currently and
> only maintainer for VBox in Debian), is CCed.
>
> So that said, I'm building it in a clean pbuilder environment of Debian
> Unstable. Thus I doubt if it would have anything specific to my setup.

current Debian unstable ships kbuild '1:0.1.9998svn2577+dfsg-3' which is
tool old. You need kBuild r2694 or later to compile VBox 4.3.x.

Kind regards,

Frank
--
Dr.-Ing. Frank Mehnert | Software Development Director, VirtualBox
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Werkstr. 24 | 71384 Weinstadt, Germany

Geschäftsführer: Jürgen Kunz

Geschäftsführer: Alexander van der Ven, Astrid Kepper, Val Maher