[vbox-dev] VirtualBox 4.3.0: yasm cannot reference symbol `X86TSS64_size' in preprocessor

Klaus Espenlaub klaus.espenlaub at oracle.com
Fri Nov 15 18:54:24 GMT 2013

Hi Matthias,

On 15.11.2013 08:53, Matthias Apitz wrote:

> Hello,
>
> This is with FreeBSD 10-CURRENT, SVN revision r255948 with ports as r328930
> (all around 1st of October) on i386 architecture;

This issue has been mentioned several times in the FreeBSD community,
and from what we can tell it's a yasm regression... The VirtualBox code
didn't change much (besides recently fixing a yasm version detection
which wasn't trivial as they spotted an opcode typo, and as usual
VirtualBox uses all the exotic stuff so needs to adapt).

The port maintainer frequently hangs out on IRC (freenode/#vbox-dev),
but I don't think there is any good solution known yet.