[vbox-dev] How to releaseMouse from guest os

Michael Thayer michael.thayer at oracle.com
Fri Nov 15 07:19:02 GMT 2013

Hello,

On 15/11/13 04:30, magicdmer wrote:
> I read the codes of UIMouseHandler.cpp and find this function :
> void UIMouseHandler::releaseMouse()
> It can release the mouse from guest os
>
> But I look up the VirtualBox SDK help ,can't find any reference functions
> about releaseMouse .
>
> Can someone help me?

There is no such API function, as mouse capturing is an implementation
detail in the user interface and the API is not aware of it.  What the
API sees is messages such as "putMouseEvent" and
"putMouseEventAbsolute", and it does not know how they are produced.

Regards,

Michael
--
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG   Michael Thayer
Werkstrasse 24                     VirtualBox engineering
71384 Weinstadt, Germany           mailto:michael.thayer at oracle.com

Geschäftsführer: Jürgen Kunz

Geschäftsführer: Alexander van der Ven, Astrid Kepper, Val Maher