[vbox-dev] VirtualBox-4.2.51-85924-OSX.dmg Shared Folders Broken

Sergey Dubov Sergey.Dubov at oracle.com
Thu May 30 12:21:51 GMT 2013

Louis King Jr <inlieuoflou at gmail.com> писал(а) в своём письме Wed, 29 May
2013 15:57:46 +0400:

> Thanks for the explanation and I'm glad the blank window isn't just me.
> I think I figured out how to properly reply... finally.
>

> On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 7:49 AM, Frank Mehnert
> <frank.mehnert at oracle.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Wednesday 29 May 2013 11:58:15 Louis King Jr wrote:
>>> Any guest. if I try and add a shared folder it brings up the dialog to
>>> add
>>> them and I can select a drive which is what I normally use shared
>>> folders
>>> for. One thing that happens is "Make permanent" is missing from the
>>> dialog
>>> if I try and add a folder to a guest created before 4.2.51. "Make
>>> Permanent" shows for a new guest. Once I select a drive to add and
>>> click
>>> okay, a new blank dialog window opens which I can't close and
>>> everything is
>>> frozen. I have to force quit VirtualBox. Mac host. OSX 10.8.3
>>
>> first, the "Make permanent" box is only shown for running VMs. If the
>> VM isn't running (you opened the VM settings and selected "Shared
>> Folders"),
>> the setting will be always permanent.
>>
>> But I see the same blank window here. We will look into it.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Frank
>> --
>> Dr.-Ing. Frank Mehnert | Software Development Director, VirtualBox
>> ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Werkstr. 24 | 71384 Weinstadt,
>> Germany
>>
>> Hauptverwaltung: Riesstr. 25, D-80992 München
>> Registergericht: Amtsgericht München, HRA 95603
>> Geschäftsführer: Jürgen Kunz
>>
>> Komplementärin: ORACLE Deutschland Verwaltung B.V.
>> Hertogswetering 163/167, 3543 AS Utrecht, Niederlande
>> Handelsregister der Handelskammer Midden-Niederlande, Nr. 30143697
>> Geschäftsführer: Alexander van der Ven, Astrid Kepper, Val Maher

Hello.
About the "blank modal window".
Its an old Qt bug under MacOS X host since Qt 4.5 (which had a lot of
changes related to MacOS X look&feel according to Apple HIG).
Its related to window-modality / application-modality handling (which is
represented by the Mac sheet /  Mac modal window respectively).
I can't explain it fully because I'm not sure why does that happens
myself, but we had a workaround for it which was accidentally removed
during one of reworks. Now since the actual issue still present I returned
workaround in-place again.
Thanks for spotting this issue!

--
With Best Regards,