[vbox-dev] VirtualBox-4.2.51-85924-OSX.dmg Shared Folders Broken

Frank Mehnert frank.mehnert at oracle.com
Wed May 29 11:49:04 GMT 2013

Hi,

On Wednesday 29 May 2013 11:58:15 Louis King Jr wrote:
> Any guest. if I try and add a shared folder it brings up the dialog to add
> them and I can select a drive which is what I normally use shared folders
> for. One thing that happens is "Make permanent" is missing from the dialog
> if I try and add a folder to a guest created before 4.2.51. "Make
> Permanent" shows for a new guest. Once I select a drive to add and click
> okay, a new blank dialog window opens which I can't close and everything is
> frozen. I have to force quit VirtualBox. Mac host. OSX 10.8.3

first, the "Make permanent" box is only shown for running VMs. If the
VM isn't running (you opened the VM settings and selected "Shared Folders"),
the setting will be always permanent.

But I see the same blank window here. We will look into it.

Kind regards,

Frank
--
Dr.-Ing. Frank Mehnert | Software Development Director, VirtualBox
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Werkstr. 24 | 71384 Weinstadt, Germany

Geschäftsführer: Jürgen Kunz

Geschäftsführer: Alexander van der Ven, Astrid Kepper, Val Maher