[vbox-dev] Supported Remote USB Devices

Ira Hill ijh3 at ufl.edu
Fri May 24 12:41:29 GMT 2013

Klaus,

     Thanks for the information! 'ls -v -s <bus>:<device>' returns:

Bus 003 Device 009: ID 3923:717b National Instruments Corp.
Device Descriptor:
   bLength                18
   bDescriptorType         1
   bcdUSB               2.00
   bDeviceSubClass         0
   bDeviceProtocol         0
   bMaxPacketSize0        64
   idVendor           0x3923 National Instruments Corp.
   idProduct          0x717b
   bcdDevice            1.04
   iManufacturer           1 National Instruments
   iProduct                2 NI USB-6009
   iSerial                 3 0163C8C2
   bNumConfigurations      1
   Configuration Descriptor:
     bLength                 9
     bDescriptorType         2
     wTotalLength           46
     bNumInterfaces          1
     bConfigurationValue     1
     iConfiguration          0
     bmAttributes         0x80
       (Bus Powered)
     MaxPower              500mA
     Interface Descriptor:
       bLength                 9
       bDescriptorType         4
       bInterfaceNumber        0
       bAlternateSetting       0
       bNumEndpoints           4
       bInterfaceClass         0 (Defined at Interface level)
       bInterfaceSubClass      0
       bInterfaceProtocol      0
       iInterface              0
       Endpoint Descriptor:
         bLength                 7
         bDescriptorType         5
         bEndpointAddress     0x81  EP 1 IN
         bmAttributes            2
           Transfer Type            Bulk
           Synch Type               None
           Usage Type               Data
         wMaxPacketSize     0x0040  1x 64 bytes
         bInterval               5
       Endpoint Descriptor:
         bLength                 7
         bDescriptorType         5
         bEndpointAddress     0x01  EP 1 OUT
         bmAttributes            2
           Transfer Type            Bulk
           Synch Type               None
           Usage Type               Data
         wMaxPacketSize     0x0040  1x 64 bytes
         bInterval               5
       Endpoint Descriptor:
         bLength                 7
         bDescriptorType         5
         bEndpointAddress     0x82  EP 2 IN
         bmAttributes            2
           Transfer Type            Bulk
           Synch Type               None
           Usage Type               Data
         wMaxPacketSize     0x0040  1x 64 bytes
         bInterval               5
       Endpoint Descriptor:
         bLength                 7
         bDescriptorType         5
         bEndpointAddress     0x02  EP 2 OUT
         bmAttributes            2
           Transfer Type            Bulk
           Synch Type               None
           Usage Type               Data
         wMaxPacketSize     0x0040  1x 64 bytes
         bInterval               5
Device Status:     0x0000
   (Bus Powered)

Since the transfer type is set to Bulk, is there some hope here? I'm
happy to try out things (patches,source edits, etc..) in an attempt to
get things working.
Also, I don't have a webcam with me at the moment, but I'll also try
that later.

Thanks,
Ira