[vbox-dev] VLAN-Tagging on virtio_net linux guest / linux host

Aleksey Ilyushin aleksey.ilyushin at oracle.com
Tue May 14 11:50:59 GMT 2013

Hello Stephan,

Please elaborate on your network setup. What exactly is not working as expected? There was a problem with VLAN tag offloading in e1000, but it was fixed in 4.2. Both virtio-net and PCNet do not touch VLAN tags at all, these are processed by guests. Or is this a problem and you need VLAN tag offloading for virtio-net?

Regards,
Aleksey