[vbox-dev] Assign physical disks to VirtualBox VM

Tue Mar 19 01:50:19 GMT 2013

Am 18.03.2013 16:25, schrieb Klaus Espenlaub:
> "C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\VBoxManage.exe" internal
> commands createrawvmdk -filename "C:\Users\Laukamp\VirtualBox
> VMs\Deluge"\deluge
> -PHD1.vmdk -rawdisk \\.\PhysicalDrive1

Hello Klaus,

thanks for your reply. Your hint to do everything with a CMD with admin
privileges did the trick. I uninstalled VirtualBox which made a few
problems. The installer could not delete a few files automatically so I
did this manually. Then I run the installer via the admin CMD and could
install VirtualBox without problems. After this the creation of the VMDK
files worked. They also could be attached to the SATA controller.

I think that it's really a problem of the privileges managment in
Windows which seems to be not everywhere the same. So I think that "Run
as admin" isn't that safe than run everything from a admin CMD but I am
not sure.

Best Regards