[vbox-dev] NS_ERROR_CALL_FAILED (0x800706BE)

Klaus Espenlaub klaus.espenlaub at oracle.com
Mon Mar 18 17:05:32 GMT 2013

On 18.03.2013 17:45, Armindo Silva wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use VirtualBox (reusing my VBox settings) on ubuntu 13.04
> (latest updates) and I get this error:
>
> /"Failed to determine the accessibility state of the medium ."/
>
> with the details:
> /Callee RC: /
> /NS_ERROR_CALL_FAILED (0x800706BE)/

This means that VBoxSVC crashed - can you enable core dumps and provide
it for problem analysis?

There must be something about your images which causes this crash, and
of course this must not happen.

[...]

> If I don't use my previous settings VirtualBox runs without a problem
> and I able to create and run new VMs.
> Also, on the first time I run VBox it shows my VMs but not again until i
> reboot.

Doubt that all the VMs would be actually usable, as I would expect them
to trigger a similar crash eventually.

Klaus