[vbox-dev] Is is possible to use 32bit COM objects in win7 x64?

Ivo Smits Ivo at UFO-Net.nl
Fri Mar 15 23:13:58 GMT 2013

Op 13-3-2013 15:12, Klaus Espenlaub schreef:
> On 09.03.2013 14:06, Michail Snowman wrote:
>> Greetings.
>>
>> On my Windows 7 x64 I want to use VBox C++ COM API in my 32 bit
>> application in VS2012.
>> So I have x64 VBox And COM model is in x64 mode.
> Thought that COM can handle such differences...
It seems to depend on how the COM object is registered:
http://www.gfi.com/blog/32bit-object-64bit-environment/

This article talks about using 32bit COM objects in a 64bit environment,
but maybe it works in the other direction too.

Ivo