[vbox-dev] attach CD/DVD aborts the guest

Perry Halbert phalbert at cox.net
Sat Mar 9 14:34:12 GMT 2013

I still can't find the exact cause even with the debug build.  But I see
this in the hosts syslog

kernel: [  864.637068] EXT4-fs (sdb1): Unaligned AIO/DIO on inode
23068695 by AioMgr0-N; performance will be poor.
kernel: [  907.647546] VirtualBox[3025]: segfault at 10 ip
00007ffe574ede84 sp 00007fff617f1610 error 4 in
libpthread-2.15.so[7ffe574e4000+18000]

All that is needed to trigger this segfault is to select choose a
virtual cd in the devices menu.

This happens on two separate (Debian based) systems the laptop was built
using deb build and the main PC as a run file install.