[vbox-dev] How can I get logs on VBox

Jean-Philippe MENGUAL mengualjeanphi at free.fr
Tue Mar 5 20:42:04 GMT 2013

Hi,

When I do:

VBoxManage startvm xp (or if I add DISPLAY=:0 on the line from a tty), I get:
Waiting for VM "xp" to power on... VBoxManage: error: The virtual machine 'xp' has terminated unexpectedly during startup with exit code 1 VBoxManage: error: Details: code NS_ERROR_FAILURE (0x80004005), component Machine, interface IMachine

Do you see something to help me understanding what happens? VBox waits for some
seconds (30) before crashing and displaying that. But how can I see what it
does, what happens, haviq log to debug. I precise my kernel is loaded,
modes are good. I built vbox from source.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

JPM