[vbox-dev] get a vm's mouse position

Klaus Espenlaub klaus.espenlaub at oracle.com
Mon Jul 22 17:33:09 GMT 2013

Hi,

On 22.07.2013 17:09, 一生有你 wrote:
> hi, I want to get a vm's mouse position,but the IMOUSE interface does
> not afford any member to do this, no matter relative or absolute postion.

This is intentional - only with very high effort (going far beyond what
IMouse does today) it would be possible to retrieve the guest OS's
opinion on the current mouse position. Only with guest additions
(different for every guest OS family) this would be possible, and it
would be a big effort to achieve something normal VM users wouldn't be
interested in. You forgot to outline why you need this information...

Much cheaper is intercepting the mouse events going through IMouse,
which can be done through the event source associated with IMouse.