[vbox-dev] ahciLog messages

Luigi De Simone luigi.desimone3 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 11:13:38 GMT 2013

Hi Klaus, thanks for your answer. I also built vbox in debug mode
(BUILD_TYPE=debug) but i haven't seen logs. I followed the guide
VBoxLogging but without results, my goal is only to monitor the AHCI
device.
Therefore, I have some questions about the VBoxLogging guide:
(i) Should I set the enviroment variables by writing them in the env.sh
script before building?;
(ii) I used these variables:
          export VBOX_LOG=dev_ahci.e.l.f
          export VBOX_LOG_FLAGS="time tid thread"
          export VBOX_LOG_DEST=dir=/mydir
       Are they correct?
You said that only LogRel() is compiled in debug builds...in order to
activate Log() function, thus ahciLog(), what shall i do?
Also Ring-0 logging must be activate with VBOX_R0_LOGGING=1 passed to
kmk. I have done that, but without results too.

Thanks for helping.

Luigi