[vbox-dev] Linux Installer build

Perry Halbert phalbert at cox.net
Thu Jan 3 20:20:01 GMT 2013

Debian wheezy dev-box

When building the deb package I see no real errors (except for all the
dpkg-shlibdeps: can't extract name and version from library warnings
that I always have) and the build completes as it should but installing
fails with the lines below.

Setting up virtualbox-4.2 (4.2.51~ose-44224~Debian~wheezy) ...
Adding group `vboxusers' (GID 103) ...
Done.
chmod: cannot access `/usr/lib/virtualbox/VBoxVolInfo': No such file or
directory
/etc/vbox/vbox.cfg not found
invoke-rc.d: initscript vboxdrv, action "setup" failed.

I do have libdevmapper-dev installed by the way.

Is there something missing or any idea what I need to do?

Perry