[vbox-dev] Request to implement bi-bisect for VirtualBox

Michael Thayer michael.thayer at oracle.com
Wed Feb 20 14:35:45 GMT 2013

Hello Alexey,

On 17/02/13 15:05, Alexey Eromenko wrote:
> It seems, that LibreOffice friends have solved a big regression
> problem, by providing binary bisect builds.
>
> Article here:
> http://www.infoworld.com/d/open-source-software/what-you-can-learn-the-monster-libreoffice-project-212908?page=0,1
>
> It would be a great idea to do something similar for VBox. (Windows
> and Linux-all-in-one builds).
I took a while to answer this, but have actually been thinking about it
a bit.  For various reasons (not least but not only the time to organise
it) it is not something that we will be able to do in the foreseeable
future though.  So we thought we would turn that around, and suggest
that if the user community feels that it would be useful they might look
for someone to host it and to do the builds.  Might that be an alternative?

Regards,

Michael
--
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG   Michael Thayer
Werkstrasse 24                     VirtualBox engineering
71384 Weinstadt, Germany           mailto:michael.thayer at oracle.com

Geschäftsführer: Jürgen Kunz

Geschäftsführer: Alexander van der Ven, Astrid Kepper, Val Maher