[vbox-dev] The documentation is translated into French

Klaus Espenlaub klaus.espenlaub at oracle.com
Wed Feb 13 18:55:25 GMT 2013

On 13.02.2013 18:58, Sérgio Basto wrote:
> Hi,
> On Seg, 2013-02-11 at 15:48 +0100, Klaus Espenlaub wrote:
>> https://www.virtualbox.org/vbox/log/trunk/doc/manual?format=rss&limit=300&mode=stop_on_copy
>
> This link doesn't work
> I see https://www.virtualbox.org/browser/vbox/trunk/doc/manual
> but not rss form

Sorry about the incorrect URL. The correct one is

https://www.virtualbox.org/log/vbox/trunk/doc/manual?format=rss&limit=300&mode=stop_on_copy

> Seems that only timeline could have rss
> https://www.virtualbox.org/timeline?ticket=on&repo-kBuild=on&repo-kStuff=on&repo-vbox=on&max=50&authors=&daysback=90&format=rss
>

> Never understand why this trac don't have the links and possibilities
> like others , I have to see in other trac what are the commands and copy
> to VirtualBox trac.

Me neither, have to ask someone who's currently on vacation why so many
useful features are suppressed. They're all there, just hidden. I guess
that it was an attempt to reduce the server CPU load, which should be
far less of an issue since the migration.

> we on rpmfusion already export french UserManual
>
> rpm -ql VirtualBox | grep UserManual
> /usr/share/doc/VirtualBox-4.2.6/UserManual.pdf
> /usr/share/doc/VirtualBox-4.2.6/UserManual_fr_FR.pdf

I guess that's the previous (incomplete) translation. Jean-Phillipe's
new translation is for VirtualBox trunk, so has already some content
which doesn't apply to 4.2.x.

Really looking forward to having the French manual as part of the next
major release, and once we streamlined the processes more I hope it's
actually possible without significant further effort to "backport" the
translation to 4.2.x.

We're appreciating every contribution which improves VirtualBox and
provides value to its users, from translating the GUI or manual to
providing well-done packages.