[vbox-dev] Why Virtual box turns off Operating system threads after some time when virtual computer is being running?

Mgr. Janusz Chmiel chmeljanusz at seznam.cz
Sat Dec 14 14:08:57 GMT 2013

Dear core developers,
I have found out one very sad aspect of Oracle VIrtualbox.
I AM running Oracle virtual Box in WIndows XP SP3 and i Am running
Ubuntu 12.04 inside virtual computer which is being running inside
Virtualbox.
Why some technique inside Yours excellent virtualisation software must
turn some operating system threads when i Am working for example with
Windows application. So i press Right CTRL and i Am typing some text in
Word. After 20 30 minutes, my screen reader, which is monitoring ARIA
liveregions and sends new ARIA messages to Espeak stop to work.
Soi must turn The focus back to The Ubuntu inside Virtualbox.
Would be possible to release newversion in future, which would neable
user to choose, if user want this feature of virtualisation technique or
not?
I do not think, that it is not possible to disable this feature and i do
not think, that it would cause some system crashes if this feature would
be turned off in Virtualbox.
I do not like this feature.

I have set power management options inside Ubuntu 12.04 so The screen
will never turn off. Or The problem is caused by some feature of ubuntu
linux?
Thank You very much for Yours answer.
With kindness regards.
Janusz Chmiel

-----
Zpráva neobsahuje viry.
Zkontrolováno AVG - www.avg.cz
Verze: 2014.0.4259 / Virová báze: 3658/6919 - Datum vydání: 13.12.2013