[vbox-dev] PDM virtual PCI device bar size

José Massada jose.massada at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 14:25:06 GMT 2013

Hi all,

I'm working on a PDM virtual PCI device module and I need to have a bar
size of 512MB.
This particular PCI device uses bar 0 and 1 for register blocks (64KB each)
and bar 2 for memory (this one I need to be 512MB or even bigger).

Registering the memory bar using the MMIO2 functions fails when the size is
bigger than 256MB (hard coded limit in the allocation function) so I tried
registering using MMIO. It seems to work but my read and write callbacks
never get called (bar 0 and 1 also use MMIO and their callbacks always get
called). I tried decreasing the bar 2 size and the callbacks got called.

Is this even possible without modifying VBox source code? What am I missing?

Thanks,
Jose