[vbox-dev] Patch to set description in VBoxManage

Andreas Löffler andreas.loeffler at oracle.com
Tue Apr 16 13:22:02 GMT 2013

Philipp,

with our Python API bindings it also should be possible to set the
machine's description via IMachine::COMSETTER(Description), without the
need to control the frontend itself.

-Andreas

On 16.04.2013 14:53, Philipp Hagemeister wrote:
>> that's not quite correct. Either open the VM setting and go to
>> "Allgemein" / "Beschreibung" or actually click on "Beschreibung".
>
> Note *programmatically*. Or am I missing an easy way to open the VM
> setting dialog from, say, a Python script?

Kind regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Andreas Löffler          | VirtualBox Engineering
Senior Software Engineer | Oracle Virtualization

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG
Werkstrasse 24
D-71384 Weinstadt, Germany

Geschäftsführer: Jürgen Kunz

Geschäftsführer: Alexander van der Ven, Astrid Kepper, Val Maher

Green Oracle <http://www.oracle.com/commitment>
Oracle is committed to developing practices and products that
help protect the environment