[vbox-dev] R: Re: R: Re: I: EPT structures

carlo.cianfarani at alice.it carlo.cianfarani at alice.it
Fri Apr 12 07:09:56 GMT 2013

Any idea ?

----Messaggio originale----

Da: carlo.cianfarani at alice.it

Data: 9-apr-2013 9.22

A: <vbox-dev at virtualbox.org>

Ogg: R: Re: [vbox-dev] R: Re:  I: EPT structures

Just some question to understand how it works...

If I understand correctly, it is in charge of VirtualBox code (running in VMX-root mode ?) the setup the VMCS area (4KB) for each VM instance. In each VMCS's area exists a field for the EPT pointer (basically the physical address in main memory of the first-level EPT paging structures)

Now if that is correct, do you think it does exist other ways (including digging in the host system hosting virtualBox's process) to access & traverse those translation structures ?

Thanks.