[vbox-dev] Guest Facilities API

Andrea Turli andrea.turli at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 17:42:49 GMT 2012

Hi,

I'm using vbox 4.1.20 on mac os x. Guest is ubuntu 12.04 with guest
additions installed.

Using the java api, in order to discover when the guestproperty are
available, I'm looping on

session.getConsole().getGuest().getAdditionsStatus(AdditionsRunLevelType.Userland)
and
session.getConsole().getGuest().getFacilities()

to detect when AdditionsFacilityType.VBoxService is Active.

After that this Facility is Active if I ask to enumerate

VBoxManage guestproperty enumerate myMachine

and in most of the cases I get the correct values but sometimes I need
to restart the guest to have the correct refreshed values.

Do you know why?
Is there a way to force this refresh without restarting the guest?

Thanks,
Andrea