[vbox-dev] [Patch] kBuild Haiku Fixes v1

François Revol revol at free.fr
Tue Sep 11 12:56:53 GMT 2012

Hi Knut,

On 11/09/2012 00:33, Knut St. Osmundsen wrote:
> Hi Alexander,
>
> thanks for the fixes. I've applied the relevant ones.
>
> The sed code have received a few haiku hacks so that it now builds with both compilers and doesn't crash.
> The crash was in mbrtowc and seems to be a haiku issue and be
unrelated to the age of the sed code
> (this code works on lots of systems).
>  So, I've just created a ASCII mbrtowc implementation in sed.c to work
around this.

It's likely due to the old glibc we use, and that since we use UTF-8
internally we don't really have a pressing need for working multibyte
support... still it's much less buggy than it was in BeOS.

If you have a test case for it it could be useful to create a bug report.
Actually there seems to be some tickets about it already:
http://dev.haiku-os.org/search?q=mbrtowc&noquickjump=1&milestone=on&ticket=on&wiki=on
some mention it as fixed. But maybe it's yet another bug?

> The bootstrapped binaries are checked in r2659 ( http://svn.netlabs.org/kbuild/changeset/2659 ).

Thanks.

> One thing I haven't done yet it making the 2nd bootstrap stage work with gcc2.
> This requires a new tool for gcc v2, honestly not sure how useful this
is, so I'll postpone that for now.

Since it's about standalone binaries and not shared libs I don't see
this as a requirement.

François.