[vbox-dev] Announcement: VirtualBox 4.1.22 released

Larry Finger Larry.Finger at lwfinger.net
Sat Sep 8 01:51:23 GMT 2012

On 09/07/2012 06:37 PM, Larry Finger wrote:

> There are also a lot of errors with messages of the form
>
> /usr/share/virtualbox/src/vboxhost/vboxpci/VBoxPci.o: In function
> `iommu_attach_group':
> /home/finger/wireless-testing-new/include/linux/iommu.h:260: multiple definition
> of `iommu_attach_group'
> /usr/share/virtualbox/src/vboxhost/vboxpci/linux/VBoxPci-linux.o:/home/finger/wireless-testing-new/include/linux/iommu.h:260:
> first defined here
>
> I do not know the fix for these errors.

The errors were "fixed" by changing the configuration. Previously, I did not
define CONFIG_AMD_IOMMU. As I have an AMD processor, CONFIG_INTEL_IOMMU was also
not defined, which also meant the CONFIG_IOMMU_API was not defined. Once I added
the AMD IOMMU parameter, the module compiled without problems.

As the previous kernel runs OK, I think the configuration is OK. I can
understand that vboxpci could not run, but it should at least compile.

Larry