[vbox-dev] Announcement: VirtualBox 4.2.2 released

Michael Thayer michael.thayer at oracle.com
Mon Oct 22 09:00:19 GMT 2012

Hello Ed,

On 10/20/2012 03:55 AM, Ed Maste wrote:
> On 18 October 2012 15:54, Frank Mehnert <frank.mehnert at oracle.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> today Oracle released VirtualBox 4.2.2, a maintenance release of
>> VirtualBox 4.2 which improves stability and fixes regressions.
>
> For anyone else trying to build from source: it appears that
> qt_fa_IR.qm is missing from VirtualBox-4.2.2.tar.bz2, resulting in an
> error like:
>
> kmk: *** No rule to make target
> `/work/a/ports/emulators/virtualbox-ose/work/VirtualBox-4.2.2/src/VBox/Frontends/VirtualBox/nls/qt_fa_IR.ts',
> needed by `/work/a/ports/emulators/virtualbox-ose/work/VirtualBox-4.2.2/out/freebsd.amd64/release/obj/VirtualBox/qtnls/qt_fa_IR.qm'.
>   Stop.
>
> I've worked around it temporarily in my FreeBSD port of 4.2.2 by
> removing the fa_IR entries from
> src/VBox/Frontends/VirtualBox/VBoxUI.pro and
> src/VBox/Frontends/VirtualBox/nls/ApprovedLanguages.kmk.
Fixed in svn and will be fixed in any future 4.2 releases.  The problem
was that svn got confused, and one of our scripts failed, because the
file had mixed Unix-style and Windows-style line endings.  In the
mean-time, the file is available here[1].

Sorry about that!

Regards,

Michael

[1]
https://www.virtualbox.org/raw-attachment/ticket/2018/VirtualBox_Qt_fa_IR.rar
--
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG   Michael Thayer
Werkstrasse 24                     VirtualBox engineering
71384 Weinstadt, Germany           mailto:michael.thayer at oracle.com

Geschäftsführer: Jürgen Kunz

Geschäftsführer: Alexander van der Ven, Astrid Kepper, Val Maher