[vbox-dev] How malicious or corrupted snapshots are recovered.

prabhjeet kaur prabhjeetkour at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 05:43:34 GMT 2012

Dear members,
thanks for reply

My actual question is:
1. Suppose the disk image whose snapshot is taken is affected by some
malicious content. So, the snapshot we taken is also corrupted.
Now if this snapshot is used to recover any disk image in future or can be
used as virtual appliance then it can be dangerous as it effects other
images.

How this problem can be overcome. How can we find that snapshot we taken
1-2 months before is not malicious.
This problem can be solved by patching snapshot or we can try some other
thing to overcome this problem.

Regards,
Prabhjeet Kaur