[vbox-dev] Creating COM Interfaces for the SDK

Adam Pridgen adam.pridgen at thecoverofnight.com
Fri Oct 5 21:20:50 GMT 2012

Hello,

I am doing some research and hacking with VirtualBox, and I had a
few questions.

- What the steps for creating a COM interface for the SDK?

- Right now there is an implementation, FooImpl.[h|cpp] that has
been created in the vbox/src/VBox/Main/src-client/ directory, but
does there also need to be a  modification to the
vbox/src/VBox/Main/idl/VirtualBox.xidl file?

- If I need to modify the VirtualBox.xidl, do I need to create a
GUID for the Foo class and each of its members?

- Where does the IFoo class get created and placed in the source
tree?  I looked around and I could not find files that contained
definitions for the interfaces like IMachineDebugger.

Thanks in advance for your help,

-- Adam