[vbox-dev] Unhappy with recent developments

Alexey Eromenko al4321 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 09:33:30 GMT 2012

I'm quite unhappy with recent developments in the VirtualBox world.

Specifically:
1. Reduced freedom (moving BIOS from bcc to non-free Watcom compiler),
which creates problems for the Debian GNU/Linux project
2. Non-inclusion of my Unattended Guest OS install patch (equivalent
of VMware Easy Install, a killer feature, especially for newbies Linux
users, whom are struggling to install Linux guest additions properly)
https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=46798
3. Non-inclusion of my hide VM from taskbar patch (equivalent to
Hyper-V GUI feature)
https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=46616

(If needed, I can update the patches for the latest VirtualBox codebase)
--
-Alexey Eromenko "Technologov"