[vbox-dev] Changes to source don't seem to have effect on my rebuild

tsukishiro yamazaki tsukishiro88 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 01:17:56 GMT 2012

Hello list,

I am still quite new to modifying VBox source code so please bear with my
ignorance.
My goal is to somehow manually hard code the memory map for VBox.
I found that the BIOS INT 15 function, used together with E820, is handled
in Vbox/Devices/PC/BIOS/system.c
However, when I tried modifying the code and rebuild VBox, no changes seem
to have taken effect.
I was expecting an error since I practically commented out the entire
contents of the case 0x20 block.

How do I rebuild the source to incorporate the changes I made?
Btw, I downloaded Virtual Box 4.2.4 from Virtual Box homepage and followed
this guide to installing it.
http://www.howtoforge.com/virtualbox_ubuntu

Hoping for you guidance.
Thanks and best regards,