[vbox-dev] USB in SVN not working

Frank Mehnert frank.mehnert at oracle.com
Thu May 10 15:19:59 GMT 2012

Hi Perry,

On Friday 04 May 2012 02:40:36 Perry Halbert wrote:
> SVN build = 4.1.51_OSEr41127
> ExtPak = 4.1.51r77491
>
> Trying to mount a USB device (after the guest is already running) error
> says the virtual machine is not powered up.
>
> E_ACCESSDENIED (0x80070005)
>
> [...]
>
> User is in vboxusers group (verfied)

I have no idea. This works here and we didn't change any access mechanism
thing in the code.

Could you check again if something changes if you use a more recent ExtPack?

http://www.virtualbox.org/download/testcase/Oracle_VM_VirtualBox_Extension_Pack-4.1.51-77890.vbox-extpack

Kind regards,

Frank
--
Dr.-Ing. Frank Mehnert
Senior Manager Software Development Desktop Virtualization, VirtualBox