[vbox-dev] ISession lock/unlock problems

Klaus Espenlaub klaus.espenlaub at oracle.com
Tue Mar 27 14:23:10 GMT 2012

On 25.03.2012 18:42, Andrea Turli wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to implement a java client able to interact with Vbox API.
>
> Reading the documentation I've found this document
> https://www.virtualbox.org/sdkref/interface_i_machine.html#5f6e112de89f7e1d300738c9a055d5c9
> where it is said explicity:
> "The caller must eventually release the session's shared lock by
> calling ISession::unlockMachine on the local session object once this
> call has returned. However, the session's state (see ISession::state)
> will not return to "Unlocked" until the remote session has also
> unlocked the machine (i.e. the machine has stopped running)."
>
> In fact IMachine.getSessionState() and ISession.getState() are not
> always in sync. Is there a way to ensure that the ISession ::state is
> effectively Unlocked before another methods tries to use it?
> Can I loop on the ISession::state until the ISession is Unlocked for
> all, and how?

What's the problem you're trying to solve? It's a bit difficult to
answer a question you didn't ask.

Are you launching a VM, or are you trying to make changes to the
settings of a running VM? Quite different cases when it comes to sessions.

Klaus

> Thank you,
> Andrea
>

>   --
>   Caselle da 1GB, trasmetti allegati fino a 3GB e in piu' IMAP, POP3 e SMTP autenticato? GRATIS solo con Email.it http://www.email.it/f
>
>   Sponsor:
>   Prenota prima e cogli le offerte Costahotels Riccione per le vacanze in famiglia con bambini e risparmia senza rinunciare all'ottimo servizio di strutture selezionate
>   Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=12229&d=25-3

Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>
Dr. Klaus Espenlaub | Snr. Manager Software Development Desktop
Virtualization
Phone: +49 7151 60405 205 <tel:+49715160405205>
Oracle VM VirtualBox

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Werkstr. 24 | 71384 Weinstadt

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG
Geschäftsführer: Jürgen Kunz

Geschäftsführer: Alexander van der Ven, Astrid Kepper, Val Maher

Green Oracle <http://www.oracle.com/commitment> 	Oracle is committed to