[vbox-dev] Extended error from API

Radu C. dmns_serp at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 7 11:33:35 GMT 2012

Hello,
Is there any way to get the extended error information after calling API functions such as RegisterMachine or CreateMachine ?
I saw that for functions that have progress information you just look into the errorinfo, but what about for more general functions?
Or is the return code the only way to "diagnose" any errors you come upon ?

In particular, I am looking at the libvirt driver for virtualbox and I'm getting some errors for the two functions mentioned above and the retcode alone does not offer much info.

Help would be much appreciated,
Radu.