[vbox-dev] 386, 486 or 686?

Ribhi Kamal rbhkamal at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 17:20:54 GMT 2012

Klaus,
I understand your frustration, but I think you misread my question. I
wasn't asking if the vbox emulates instructions that are not supported by
the host CPU, I was asking if the number of instructions on 386 vs. 686
which require workarounds (i.e patch manager) is different.

Assuming that 386 has less problematic instructions than 686, I should be
able to get an improved performance if I compile the Linux kernel to target
386.

-- Ribhi