[vbox-dev] VBox kernel module does not build on kernel 3.5-rc1

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Wed Jun 6 05:13:40 GMT 2012

Klaus , your message should go to List isn't it ? not only for me

On 05.06.2012 18:17, Sérgio Basto wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Seg, 2012-06-04 at 18:13 -0500, Larry Finger wrote:
>>
>> There is a patch available from http://mlau.at/files/vbox-4116-35rc0.patch.
>> Manuel Lauss wrote it. With it, the kernel module builds, but I have not yet
>> tested the resulting module.
>
> Let me know what is include in main stream of VirtualBox, I will need
> it, for sure, to compile in Fedora rawhide .

It'll take a bit longer to figure out if this is 100% correct, and also
working in older Linux versions... we're on it.

Thanks to everyone helping with this (including Al Viro, who tried to
make the necessary changes to VirtualBox, and already saw that it might
be a bit more complicated).

Klaus