[vbox-dev] linux guests platform_devices virtualization

Klaus Espenlaub klaus.espenlaub at oracle.com
Fri Jul 20 08:24:38 GMT 2012

On 17.07.2012 21:18, Jaikumar G wrote:
> Folks,
>    My linux based guest has some custom platform_devices. To virtualize
> this I didn't come across any specific guest additions. Is writing
> custom VMMDev and using the associated guest additions the way to go
> about it ?

Can't follow... do you mix up guest and host? Because the hardware which
a guest sees is completely controlled by the VM configuration, and thus
I don't understand what "custom platform_devices" you're talking about.
Can you provide a few more details?

VMMDev has a defined functionality, so I don't think you need to write a
custom variant of it. The driver from the guest additions should do.

Klaus