[vbox-dev] Unreliability in guestcontrol

Andreas Löffler andreas.loeffler at oracle.com
Mon Jul 16 19:47:47 GMT 2012

Hi Brian,

thanks for the patches. For the guest control functionality there's a
major overhaul with also a new API coming up, which (hopefully) will be
in the next upcoming major VBox release. That said, the existing guest
control API will be marked as being deprecated soon in order to give
users a chance to switch to the new API.

Regarding VBoxService, as you already pointed out, there's also the need
of fixing things here and there. Due to the lack of time VBoxService
won't get any bigger treatment until then. I'll take a look at your
patches when time permits. Please don't forget to state which license
your patches apply to. Thanks!

Cheers
-Andy