[vbox-dev] HGCM question...guest memory mapping

Jaikumar G jaienigma at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 02:47:44 GMT 2012

Hello folks,
   So from the documentation for HGCM -

A request is constructed in the guest physical memory, which must be locked
by the guest. The physical address is passed to the VMM device
using a 32 bit out edx, eax instruction.

Can someone elaborate as to where in the code I can find as to how the
physical address is passed to the VMM device ? Also how is the guest
physical memory mapped to be accessed by the host ?

I looked around in the HGCM files in the both Additions/common/VBoxGuest*
and in Devices/VMMDev but I was just going around in circles.

Any pointers would be really appreciated.

Thanks