[vbox-dev] [PATCH] vbox-unattended in C++ ! was: [proposal: Unattended Guest OS Installs for VirtualBox ?]
al4321 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 21:46:00 PST 2012
Hi all !
First experimental patch of my new lovely feature, now re-written in C++ !
1. It works ! (tested with 32-bit guests: Windows XP, Vista, openSUSE
11.4, Debian 6)
2. Full VirtualBox GUI integration !
3. you must symlink all template* files to /tmp/ (I have not found a
way retrieve vbox locations properly)
3.a. symlink GA.iso into "/tmp/VBoxGuestAdditions.iso" (for same reason)
4. Linux hosts only
5. Red Hat guests not supported in this release.
6. patch must be applied vs. vbox-svn-2012-01-07
7. working from physical CD-ROM is not supported. (only with ISO images)
7z (7-zip) - used to extract data from ISOs.
mtools - used to copy data to floppy images.
genisoimage & geteltorito
It would be nice to stabilize it, and include into 4.2.0.
License: core logic under BSD, all my vbox-patches under MIT. (I can
change if needed)
Happy Hacking !
-Alexey Eromenko "Technologov", 10.Jan.2012.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 51788 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.virtualbox.org/pipermail/vbox-dev/attachments/20120110/c1d13188/attachment-0001.bin
More information about the vbox-dev