[vbox-dev] Connecting via Java SDK

David Codrington david.codrington at smoothwall.net
Tue Jan 17 09:54:50 GMT 2012

David Codrington <david.codrington at ...> writes:

> Hi,I'm new to VirtualBox and my requirement is to remotely manage VM's.I'm
trying to use the java SDK to connect via vboxwebsrv.exe. I see a connection at
the web sevice but get the following exception from the connect
command:reasonText argument for createFault was passed NULLThis is the basic
code I am using :
> VirtualBoxManager mgr = VirtualBoxManager.createInstance(null);try {
mgr.connect("http://localhost:18083", "", "");}catch (VBoxException e) {
return new Error("connect:" + e.getMessage());}

> I appologise if there is a simple/obvious answer to this.Thanks in advance,dcod

It appears that it's authentication that is failing. The following command
switches off authentication:

VBoxManage setproperty websrvauthlibrary null

All is well :)

dcod